20 Fast Facts about Box-it Central
2017 is fast passing us by, but as many of you will know, it’s a momentous year for Box-it Central as we celebrate our 20th anniversary. We all love a bit of trivia so we’ve compiled 20 ‘fast facts’ to share with you about our business!
1. Box-it Central was born out of a notion to diversify the Evans family farming business. The small seed of an idea started with disused farm sheds, which were transformed into smart, secure document storage centres.
2. We are a franchise business owned by brothers, Les and Emlyn Evans. We are the Central Regional Office of Box-it UK, a nationwide document management business.
3. In just the first year of trading, we stored some 10,000 archive boxes and filled one entire shed!
4. We share our office facilities with Squab Group, the Evans’ family removals and storage business, and T I Evans & Son, our family farm at Squab Hall in Warwickshire.
5. Today we store around 200,000 boxes! That’s a lot of boxes on our shelves but we can pinpoint the location of each and every one thanks to some clever barcoding.
6. Did you know that we offer services for both physical and digital document storage, as well as cataloguing, scanning and document shredding?
7. Technology plays a big part in our business. We use state-of-the art barcode scanning systems to track all movement in and out of our facility.
8. Our region goes beyond Warwickshire. We also provide document management services to clients in Oxfordshire, Leicestershire and parts of the West Midlands.
9. We offer onsite and offsite document shredding services and when shredded, the paper is baled and taken to a recycling centre. We shred approximately 600 tonnes of paper per annum!
10. We like to do wacky things in the name of charity! From skydiving, mud runs and dragon boat racing, to more sedate activities such as sponsored baking, walking and showing our support in the community, we’ve done it all. We are proud to have raised tens of thousands of pounds for local charities.
11. Box-it HQ was established in 1986 and today has Regional Offices in 16 locations in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and the Isle of Man.
12. All our drivers are uniformed, DBS checked and carry photo ID, and you’ll only ever see them turn up at your premises in our own GPS tracked Box-it vehicles.
13. We, (well more specifically, the Marketing team) are quite superstitious so we’re not counting 13 in our Fast Facts! Skip to 14.
14. Our premises and our management systems are regularly audited as part of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification.
15. At Box-it Central, we have a team of document management specialists at your service. Call us and we’ll assist with your query.
16. The latest innovation from Box-it is Omnidox Document Manager, a secure web based repository providing an online archive of your digitised documents. Call our office to find out more. It’s very affordable and straightforward to use.
17. We offer high quality scanning and data capture services for all sizes of projects, and can output in your chosen format.
18. Box-it offers specific document solutions for HR, Accounts Payable and Digital Mailroom with proven ROI.
19. Want to securely destroy your hard disk drives? We offer a hard disk destruction service. Our equipment punches through the centre of the hard disk’s spindle which causes permanent destruction to the platter preventing data recovery.